Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Introduction

For years now I've been obsessed with travel, I've loved everything about it (maybe that's the Sagittarius in me, who knows...).

I was always a great navigator even though I'm a girl and could find any place anywhere in the world by just using a map (I'm meen without GPS). So maps became my friends, and used to have quite a lot of them in my car.

I hated asking for directions to a new location "just give me the address" became my motto and that was followed by "...you'll see, I'll get there, don't worry". I used to love seeing people's faces when I got there in a flash.

My love for navigating only increased when I discovered my obsession with travel.

My parents are to blame for this when they decided to take me with them for my 12th birthday on my first trip abroad. They were using a different kind of map, "travel guides".

Guess what... I was in love!

How can you explain an obsession, well mine is only by seeing my library of travel books, mostly of places I haven't been to yet and still dying to go to.

Through the years I joined my parents every year on their annual trip till I was 18, that's when I first experienced this on my own, when me and a friend from high school planed our first trip to after high school.

Planning vacations by locations and maps became my thing and now I'm the one planning my parents’ trips.

The reason I'm starting a blog now is mainly selfish, I need a paperless forum to plan trips and keep feeding my obsession, and secondly people always ask for my help in this matter so I figured why not kill two birds with one stone :)

I hope I'll be able to do this, we'll see how it goes, basically what I'm gonna do is try to show different travel locations in the world and how I "attack" them, this is the time to say that I take no responsibility for any place I mention and any root or decision. 

This is how I'd plan a trip before I've been there, using maps and travel books. So take that in mind. Also I have no idea if anyone else is doing something similar on the web but it's worth a try... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment