Thursday, June 21, 2012

China - Overview

Every other day I change my mind about what will be my next destination, at this point in time China is my new obsession (I can never explain why).

When it comes to China, after studding the subject, you’ll realize that it’s more of a continent than a country, so you need to treat it as such.

You really need to focus your attention on a region or a specific place you’d wanna start from.

Some people wanna just do the basics, hop to Beijing then to Hong Kong and then decide what fancy them more in the region and go from there. Of course it all depends on your budget, your interests and the time you have at your disposal.

I like to look at a map before I go anywhere, and check what would be the best way to… well… “attack” a destination.

Here’s a map of China:



Here’s the thing, Beijing and Hong Kong are very far apart, I rarely like to spread around too much, I like to concentrate on one region at a time.

From looking at a map of China ,there’s no way (unless you have like a few months at your disposal) to see everything.

I rather take it apart, and try to squeeze in as much as I can, one region at a time.

I’m gonna start with Beijing and the following regions: Hebei, Tianjin, Shanxi, Shandong & Henan.


As you can see from the map, these are the regions surrounding Beijing and they’ll be the easiest and the fastest to visit on a trip starting in Beijing.

My plan is to fly internationally, in and out of Beijing. So my trip will start and end in the same place.

So let's start the day planning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment